Tuesday 17 October 2023

Sunday 15th October 2023

Woke around 0900. Got up and made tea. Aki cooked a breakfast, then cycled off to Rowing Club. I did an hour or so at the computer, finishing off what I was doing on Friday. Took my constitutional up Highgate Hill, buying a coffee and a quiche at Gail's at the top of the hill, which I drank in-house...finished the final chapter of "Pickwick Papers", a rather peremptory happy ending, with everyone getting married and living happily ever after. Glad I read it, though, but looking forward too getting back to the biography. Walked back down the hill. Had some of the quiche for lunch...Aki turned up, not having eaten, so we both had a quiche salad. Popped out to get some cooking ingredients...made a quick detour to the Upper Place to buy some fresh tortelloni from Pierro, who gave me an extra bag free of charge. His business partner makes the stuff in Bologna, and ships it out to Pierro...I told him Bologna was on our to-visit list, and he said "Let me know when you're going....", which hopefully means he'd recommend some eateries etc. Watched the England v Fiji quarter-final...good game, which England managed to win. Made a Moroccan aubergine bake, which we will eat tomorrow. Had some of the tortelloni, which I covered in an artichoke and parmesan sauce, topped with creme freche and stuck under the grill to colour up. It was OK, but I think I'd have preferred the pizzaiola sauce with it. Watched the France v South Africa game...what a match! Breathless, spectacular...god help the England team in the semi-final!

No comments: