Saturday 21 October 2023

Thursday 19th October 2023

Worked from home today, as the weather forecast told of a coming storm. In the end, it failed to materialise, though it rained off and on. Aki went off to meet Tokiko at Tate Britain for a catch up and lunch. I worked at the computer. Broke for lunch, then ambled up to the dry cleaner's to deposit a pair of trousers for altering. Popped in to Dev's to get my statins....Dev couldn't find me on his computer...reckoned my details had been deleted...I said "They must have cured me without my knowing!"...it then transpired that he'd been searching for a Richard Haque...not an uncommon mistake! Worked at the computer until breaking around 1800. Baked some cod, which we ate with quinoa and lentils, and lots of cabbage. Watched the final episode of "Boiling Point"....it all got a bit formulaic, loose ends being tied up very cursorily with some naff dialogue...it looked as though they were setting up another series at some future date. Read some Dickens' Biography in the bath...just got to a bit about the last few weeks of his father's life...he had long suffered from urological complaints, and he couldn't urinate...so the surgeons decided to open him up to try and get the suspected bladder stones removed, which necessitated an incision between his scrotum and his anus, without anaesthetic!!! I developed a empathetic pain in my nether regions as a result! Needless to say, the fellow never really recovered, and is buried in Highgate Cemetery...

No comments: