Saturday 9 September 2023

Friday 8th September 2023

Alarm at 0730. Got up and made tea. Porridged at my desk, and worked until noon. Vince turned up to take a quick look at the shower tap, as it hasn't been behaving quite right...I suspect the plastic inner cog has failed. Vince reckoned it would work perfectly well without it. Said he'd come back next week once we've returned from Prussia. I had some lunch, then walked up to the Whittington Hospital for my blood test. No queue. I had been requested to pop in on the Day Care Outpatients desk to pick up some laxatives which I'll need to take before my colonoscopy next Friday. I was ushered in to see a nurse who did some pre-assessment on me, and handed over the dreaded medication...it seems I'm going to have to go on a low fibre diet a couple of days before the procedure, and then fast for the 24 hours prior. Walked back down Highgate Hill. Finished off some work at the computer, then did some packing. Warmed up some pizzaiola sauce, and added some tuna, which I then mixed into some tagliatelle...very tasty! Did online flight check in and printed off my boarding pass...all ready for tomorrow's trip to Berlin! 

No comments: