Wednesday 6 September 2023

Sunday 3rd September 2023

Aki up early to ready herself for Rowing Club. I languished in bed reading my Dickens. Got up after Aki had cycled off east, and made myself a simple porridge breakfast. Read some more. Got side-tracked by reading about Joseph Grimaldi, the great clown...Dickens had been a fan, and had edited Joe's memoirs after his early death in 1837. He died alone, a bankrupt alcoholic, in his town house in Southampton Street, but was buried in a churchyard in Pentonville, which has since been renamed Joseph Grimaldi Park...I must have been past it dozens of times without knowing, so I shall have to pay a visit when next in the vicinity. Made lunch before Aki got home. Pottered about, reading mostly. Tried FaceTiming the folks, but no reply. Wandered up to the pub for folk band rehearsal…low turnout, just five of us. Ate the tortelloni we'd bought at the Nag's Head Market yesterday, for dinner. It was very good...ate it with my homemade pizzaiola sauce and vegetables. Watched a bit of telly before bed...

No comments: