Friday 8 September 2023

Thursday 7th September 2023

Alarm at 0730. Aki got up and made tea...I got up and did some work at the computer, where I porridged. Made a packed lunch. Broke at 1045 to load Aki and her baggage into the car. Set off for Silvertown, and London City Airport. Found the drop off point without any trouble, and said our goodbyes. I drove on to Strood, via a comfort break at IKEA in Charlton. Ate my lunch in the car on Church Green, overlooking the River Medway and Rochester Cathedral. Bought some odds and ends in M&S then concentrated on mopping up the external inspections in Chatham, before turning for home. Got in around 1630 and did some work at the computer. Aki had found her way to her hotel in Potsdam without any trouble...we partook of a brief FaceTime call. Kersey, her room mate for the next three nights, hadn't arrived yet, as her plane had been delayed at Gatwick. Aki went off to join the girls for tapas in a restaurant across the road from her hotel. I warmed up the remains of the pork stir fry, which I ate with some vegetables. Watched a bit of telly, and read some Pickwick before bath and bed...

No comments: