Friday 15 September 2023

Thursday 14th September 2023

Slept through until 0830. Got up and made tea. Ham and cheese toasties for breakfast. Caught up with my food diary. Evidently went over my calorie allowance on occassion in Berlin, as was to be expected, but I was disappointed to see my weight had gone up a kilo since leaving for Germany...I'd hoped the continuous tramping of the streets of Potsdam and Berlin in 30C heat would have had the opposite effect! Aki cooked up some rice porridge for my lunch...my  final meal before I begin fasting prior to my surgical procedure at Whittington Hospital tomorrow afternoon. Listened to Interbellum's most recent album...we had heard the front man deliver two songs at the open mic in Berlin on Tuesday night...he's evidently heavily influenced by Mercury Rev...nice, gentle, reflective songs. Weather was good so ventured out for an afternoon walk to Highbury Fields, returning via Waitrose where we stocked up a bit. At 1900 hours I had to make up a solution in one litre of water, intended to help clean out my innards prior to tomorrow's colonoscopy! That was my dinner...the ascorbic acid in the mix made it taste vaguely palatable, like a litre of Sicilian lemonade!

No comments: