Woke around 0700. Dozed until 0900. Got up at 0930 and breakfasted with mum, dad, and Aki. Showered, Drove us all down to the village...mum had an appointment with the nurse at the GP surgery. Aki popped round the corner to Waitrose to buy some fodder for tonight's dinner. Dad accompanied mum in to see the nurse...a blood test was done on mum, and they both got pneumonia jabs, which saves us having to go back again tomorrow! Picked Aki up at Waitrose, and headed back to High View. I put some lunch together...basically, re-constituting ma and pa's leftovers from last night. I ate the salmon salad supper that Kath had failed to turn up for. Aki and I walked down to The Broadway to buy some fresh chilli and get some steps in. Came back to find dad up the garden with his stroller, picking plums! God knows what they are going to do with them. Aki cooked a prawn, tomato pasta dish for supper, followed by rhubarb and custard. The usual complaints from ma and pa about the cold bowls...they are are such slow eaters that, of course, the dinner gets cold! I warmed them back up in the microwave. Watched a bit of telly...enjoyable repeat of Seebag-Montefiore's exploration of ancient Rome for the BBC.

No comments:
Post a Comment