Woke around 0900. Got up and did a little packing, before descending for tea and cereal. Jim and Emma had gotten back from A&E at around 2315 last night...Emma diagnosed with chronic constipation! Ouch! Jim drove her off to County Durham...where she's due to attend her daughter's hen night! I walked down to The Broadway to buy a couple of items from the Co-op, and enjoyed a coffee on the bench outside the disused church opposite. Got home and put some lunch together. Suddenly realised I had left dad's VirginMoney card in the card reader...rang the Co-op, and they said someone had handed it in...went down in the car once Jim had returned, taking mum with me, who fancied a change of scene. Put some diesel in the motor, then drove down to the village to buy some groceries from Waitrose, and from Dobbies, before heading back to High View. Had time for a cuppa tea with ma and pa before Jim drove me to Callerton Parkway to get the Metro into town. Had plenty of time on the station concourse to hunt for food to eat on the train journey. Caught the 1724 back to KX. Got in about 15 minutes behind schedule for some reason. Aki was entertaining some gals from Rowing Club, so I sauntered up York Way for a lager in the Lincoln Arms, a rather grotty little pub opposite KX station. Then caught a No.91 bus to Holloway. The girls were just winding things up when I got in...Kim, Kearsey, and Ellie. They'd had a good chinwag. from what I could deduce, and Aki tidied up once they'd departed, while I unpacked. Watched MOTD before shower, and bed...

No comments:
Post a Comment