Woke around 0730. Got up and took my blood pressure readings before tea. Waited around for Mark, another roofer, to appear as arranged. He showed up around 0930 and I directed him to the loft hatch in Lynne's flat. He reckons the whole roof needs replacing. Pottered about. Invoiced Savills for my inspections work last week. Put lunch together. Something went when I put my weight on my right leg when donning a pair of trousers...much pain through right hip area, and down toward the bad inguinal hernia repair. Limped to the bus stop with Aki...we got off at Finsbury Park. Aki wanted to pop in at N4 Library, so I waited at the bus stop on the other side of the road while she walked to the library...then we got on a bus to Holloway, and I limped around Waitrose. Managed to walk back home...had to have a lie down once I got in. Aki cooked stir fry pork and rice for dinner, with lots of vegetables. Created an excel sheet so we can compare the roof quotes and decide what to do next. Watched a bit of telly...rather moving programme following the efforts of two foundlings to identify their parents. The young man had been left at the staff entrance to Kings College Hospital 30 years ago, and they showed newsreel footage of him being cared for by nurses. Extraordinary stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment