Woke around 0800. Mum looked in on us on a couple of occasions...presumably having forgotten who might be in the bedroom. Got up and made tea. Breakfasted at the dining table with mum and dad. Aki and I walked down to The Broadway to buy some salmon to make this evening's supper. I had a takeaway latte from No.9, then we walked back up to High View. Came back to find mum and dad grappling with a step ladder in a bid to take down the outdoor lighting that Jim festooned the pergola with...I took over before there was an accident! Aki cooked an omelette for lunch...very tasty. I made packed 'suppers' for me and Aki to take to Hexham...put together three salad bowls for mum, dad, and Kath. Glenys rang to wish mum a belated Happy Birthday. She sounded in pretty good shape...she said she'd enjoyed dad's novel. I drove Aki over to Hexham to meet up with their Rowing Club team for a punt on the Tyne. Met up with Rob, who Aki had met on the Douro adventure, and a couple of gals...together they made up a quad, and lowered themselves into the River Tyne. I drove round the corner to do some shopping in Waitrose, then walked to Mr Ant's Bar on the off-chance that Steve Davidson was manning the pumps. I was the only customer...no sign of Ste the Policeman, though the barmaid said he'd worked the afternoon shift. She said he usually came in on a Friday night to listen to the live music...not sure I fancy that! Drove back down to Tyne Green to pick up Aki...they were just pulling into the south bank when I got there. They'd done several 750m lengths up and down the river to the west...can't go eastward because of the weir. Aki ate her packed dinner in the passenger seat as I drove her back to High View...but I don't think she was very impressed with Hexham Rowing Club!

No comments:
Post a Comment