Friday 4 October 2024

Friday 5th October 2024

 

Aki up early to ready herself for Rowing Club. I got up shortly after she'd cycled off...porridged. Walked over to the pharmacist on Holloway Road, and queued up inside the pharmacy for my flu and covid jabs, then walked down to Hornsey Street for my appointment with the physio in respect of my frozen shoulder. Not much progress made, but at least things seem to be stabilising. Caught a Piccadilly line train from Holloway Road station, to Leicester Square, and walked up to Foyles bookshop. As I was heading upstairs to the cafe, I happened upon the newly published documentary on Lawrence, and Mozart Estate...found a chapter entitled Itchy Teeth, so too the book up to the cafe to have a read of the relevant chapter. It's pretty dull reading, but I enjoyed the chapter nonetheless, as the author focussed on a meeting with Xav and Charlie, of Itchy Teeth, who now make up half of Lawrence's backing band. I sent Xav a photo of me reading it. After my coffee, I sauntered across to Denmark Street, and found myself in a Boss store...which was fateful, as I was after purchasing the Boss Mega Distortion guitar pedal. Also bought some power leads, then wandered over to Uniqlo and bought a new pair of house-pants. Walked up Tottenham Court Road, and sought out Miel on Warren Street, a bakery that has been receiving glowing reviews in the foodie press. They appeared to concentrate mostly on sweets, rather than savouries, so I sauntered onward and bought a chicken satay bahn mi at Mini Bang Bang, and ate it on a bench in Fitzroy Square. Caught a No.29 bus home. Played about with my new guitar effects pedal...not sure it adds much, but useful to have in the sonic armoury. Aki still out...she had gone to meet a couple of JCUK big-wigs for dim sum in Marylebone. I cooked dinner once she was home...linguine with fried mushrooms in a tahini and lemon sauce...very nice! Watched episode two of "Ludwig"...it was OK, but I felt the joke was already wearing a bit thin. Watched The Ten before bath and bed...

No comments: