Saturday 12 October 2024

Friday 11th October 2024

Eventually got up and porridged. Sat about reading for a bit. Aki working at the computer, until I reminded her of her lunch appointment. She hurriedly changed and set off for South Kensington. I walked up to the North Library to renew my library card, then walked up the Holloway Road. Popped in to Archway Library and picked up "Free", which Aki had reserved...it being the Book Club read. I found a copy of Toni Morrison's "Beloved", which had been among the choices last night...and my preferred choice. I think it's time to hand in my resignation from the Book Club...I obviously want to read what I want to read! Walked up Highgate Hill, and sat with a latte in Gail's, reading some Dickens, before heading for home via M&S. Had myself a late lunch. Aki got home around 1630. I made a leek and apple soup, then cooked a squash risotto for dinner, with spelt instead of rice...it was pretty bland. Nowt on telly. Opted for an early bath and bed...

No comments: