Sunday 12 November 2023

Sunday 12th November 2023

Woke around 0945...seem to need to sleep in all the time at the moment...maybe I'm still not getting enough calories! Aki made me a mug of tea, and I got up for some brunch. Practised our Xmas party songs on the ukuleles for a bit. FaceTimed the Hagues who were round at Kath's enjoying Sunday lunch. Dad showed us his melanomas!!! Two red lumps, one on either side of his neck, as if Dr Frankenstein had had second thoughts and had removed the neck bolts! They don't seem to be giving him any gip at the moment, but further tests are in the planning. Decided to take a quick walk in the grey afternoon, and bumped into Brett at No.7...she reminded us of the forthcoming Xmas bash, and we assured her rehearsals were well underway. Further on up Sussex Way, we happened upon the former leader of the Labour Party, carrying his collection of poems...I reminded him we'd bumped into eachother at Girasole last week, and told him I'd been to Waterstones to purchase a couple of hardback editions, and asked him if he'd mind signing them...he readily acquiesced, and came in and sat at our dining table and signed the two copies with little notes to the intended recipients...very gracious of him! I told him I was disappointed that Len McCluskey hadn't written a couple of Limericks for the publication! He was on his way to the book launch, which was taking place this afternoon at the Park Theatre. We took a walk up to Highbury Fields, via the Emirates Stadium, and back. I cooked an aubergine parmigiana lasagne for dinner.

No comments: