Saturday 5 August 2023

Friday 4th August 2023

Aki up early to ready herself for a meeting...she cycled off before I got up. Rose and porridged. No word from the car service centre this morning...they were going to put two new tyres on the front, and new brake pads to the rear...the initial call in was for the front brake pads....going to cost me a small fortune! Vince turned up to put the shower tap back together with the new cartridge. Made him a coffee. He was installing the water system limescale filter when we were having lunch, and had to turn the water off. I headed off to collect the car from Colindale. I walked up to Brecknock Road first, calling in on the little Italian deli to buy some cured pig cheeks and a pack of bucatini. Caught a bus on Camden Road, then got a tube from Camden Town...the station was rammed. Walked from Colindale station the mile or so to the VW service centre. My bill was just over £800! Brake pads front and back, two new front tyres, MOT, and new wipers. The young woman who was dealing with my case kept calling me Mr. Huge...funnily enough, I found out via her paperwork once I was home that she was named Ms. Small...!!! Drove home via Tool Station on North Street, where I picked up some dimmer switch units to replace the faulty ones in our living-room switch plate. Cooked a chicken, lentil and prune pie for dinner, with red cabbage and spinach. Watched a bit of telly before bath and bed...

No comments: