Friday 11 August 2023

Thursday 10th August 2023

Aki up early to cycle off to a meeting in Camden. I read some "Pickwick Papers" in bed for a while, where I drank my tea and did my porridge. Aki back in time for lunch. I threw a ham salad together. Drove over to the Warehouse District to pick up my guitars from Angus the Luthier. He'd done a good job. Vince had turned up by the time I got back. He grouted the shower tray repair and did some checks on the light switches he'd put in yesterday. Said he hadn't been well this morning, so he was a bit quieter than usual. Aki baked hake in Parma ham for dinner. My calorie count was really low for the day, so I made it up with some cake and banana ice-cream. I made the ganache for the cake...Aki applied it, and did a great job. Left it to set a bit in the fridge. Had some left, so thought I'd have a go at making some chocolate truffles. Watched "Better Call Saul" before bath and bed...

No comments: