Friday 2 August 2024

Wednesday 31st July 2024


Aki up early to ready for Rowing. 66 today! Looking forward to my first pension payment, but not due until mid-August. Aki made me a mug of tea before heading off on the cycle leg of her triathlon. I opened my present...two large ceramic mugs, with cork sleeves...can get a lot of tea in there! Watched Olympic coverage. I cooked a carrot and cheese loaf, then cooked a chocolate Guinness cake, before Aki returned for her lunch. The cheese loaf was OK, but I think I need to use a stronger Cheddar...next time! Aki iced the cake. Watched more Olympic coverage. Kath phoned from 12 High View, and ma and pa sang Happy Birthday down the phone. The signal wasn't great, but I told them I was moving into the Auld People's Home next week. 

Drove Aki round to the Landseer, with the Birthday cake on her lap. We got there before any of our invitees, and grabbed a couple of large tables. Most of the Sussex Way Book Club members turned up, the pub being just around the corner. Helen and Martin also showed up, as well as Kevin from No.93. We tucked in to chicken piri piri and tomato rice, followed by slabs of chocolate Guinness cake...a good time was had by all. We dispersed around 2230...I gave the barwoman who taken the brunt of our diverse food and drink orders a slice of cake, and we headed home in the car.

No comments: