Friday 1 December 2023

Wednesday 29th November 2023

Woke around 0830. Aki already up and about, as she prepared to head for Rowing Club. I got up and made tea, then went back to bed to read "Silence" for half-an-hour. Rose and porridged, then sat at the computer until 1230, when I broke to put lunch together. Aki got home just as I was leaving the flat. I headed for a bus stop on Holloway Road, and got to the Whittington Hospital in good time for my 1330 appointment. I thought I was going for a follow-up post endoscopy, but it turned out to be a clinic for the Hernia Hub. The consultant had a look at my umbilical hernia, and told me that as I had had previous keyhole surgery, they would need to cut in from the front next time, but as it wasn't causing me any discomfort at present, then I'd be advised to avoid the surgical route for the moment...I heartily agreed. He reckoned there was little or nothing that could be done about the pain engendered by the inguinal hernia repair, and that I'd probably have to grin and bear it for the rest of my days. Walked back down the hill, popping in to M&S for some bits and pieces. Got home and did another hour or so at the computer. We sliced the meat off the chicken carcass and made a Thai red curry, which we ate with rice and vegetables. 

No comments: