Wednesday 13 December 2023

Monday 11th December 2023

Didn’t sleep last night. I was overtaken by abdominal pain shortly after getting in to bed, so got up and paced about a bit, to no avail. Aki got up at 0700 in order to ready herself for a trip into the Camden office. By the time Bob and Lottie got up, my abdominal pain was crippling. I sent Bob out to get me some Laxido before they sped off back to Nottingham. I spent most of the next 7 hours perched on the loo, in agony! I rang 111 at about 1300, in a desperate bid to get some kind of hyper-strong laxative delivered to my pharmacist over the road, but was told a clinician would ring me back. I was still locked in the bathroom when Aki got back from Camden. Finally got some relief mid afternoon, but felt very bruised! Aki cooked a lentil soup for dinner while I dozed on the sofa. Bob and Lottie texted to say they’d got home in one piece. Enjoyed a simple dinner, and chilled out on the sofa trying not to fall asleep in front of the telly. The clinician finally got around to calling me back as I was readying myself for bed...I left them to leave a message, as I'd been awake for about 35 hours, and needed to crash out.

No comments: