Thursday 23 February 2023

Wednesday 22nd February 2023

Woke at 0745. Hauled myself out of bed and made tea. Porridged. Drizzling a bit outside, so Aki decided not to go rowing. I made a packed lunch, and headed off for north-west Kent. Stopped off at M&S in Strood, and picked up a coffee. Ate my lunch in the car at ASDA in Walderslade. Aki phoned to say she'd had a message from Kath that dad had collapsed in the bathroom last night. I rang mum. She said his bad leg had suddenly gone from underneath him, but that he had survived, and was upstairs working at his computer. Phew! Ended my inspections, and turned the car for Premier Inn, Gillingham. Checked in and did a little work at my laptop before driving to the Ship & Trades for my dinner. Had mushrooms on toast to start, followed by beef and onion pie and mash. Hightailed it out of there before I could order dessert. Bought some milk in the Co-op next door then drove back to the hotel. FaceTimed Aki and watched a bit of The Piano...we both had to find tissues when the little blind girl played some Chopin...moving stuff! TV in the room then started to play silly buggers, so had to watch The News on my laptop. As I got into bed, I discovered a sizeable new (I say new, but it's probably been there for ages), abdominal hernia! I'll have to visit the GP again...

No comments: