Friday 17 February 2023

Tuesday 14th February 2023

Got up around 0630 and put Aki’s Valentine card, mini bottle of Prosecco, and chocolates out on the kitchen workshop before getting back into bed. Got up again at 0830 for porridge. Aki popped out to the GP clinic to see the nurse about her ear. I packed a bag. Drove off to Manor House for petrol, then on to Strood, where I stopped to pick up a sandwich for lunch. I ate in the car in the Morrison’s car park, then headed for various villages on the Isle of Grain. Finished in Wainscott, at dusk, and drove the St Mary’s Island and bought a takeaway fish supper, which I ate in the car overlooking the marina. Drove to Maidstone. Got to the Premier Inn, which is located on a busy gyratory...I went round three times before I managed to discern the un-signposted vehicular entrance. The hotel is partially swathed in scaffolding, under-going some kind of refurbishment, and half the car park has been lost to portacabins etc...needless to say, there was nowhere to park. I parked up directly in front of the main entrance, blocking in a couple of vehicles...but I needed to get checked in. No-one on the desk, so checked in via the machine, got my key, and went up to dump my baggage in the room before returning to the car. I got directions to alternative car parking near the river, which meant another trek around the one way system. Walked back up the hill with the remainder of my baggage, and shut myself in my room for the night...

No comments: