Thursday, 24 September 2026

Tuesday 22nd September 2026

Woke around 0400. Managed to nod back off fairly readily. It was gone 0900 when I next came to. Aki still dozing. I got up and made myself tea, and climbed back into bed with Clare Tomalin, or rather, her Dickens biography. Got up and porridged. Sat about reading until lunchtime ...warmed up some lentil soup I'd rescued from the freezer. Tastier than I recalled. Walked over to Tesco at Stroud Green to get some supplies. Cooked a pasta alle Norma for dinner, with one of Aki's homegrown aubergines. Went down well. Watched "Till The Stars Come Down" on the National Theatre At Home streaming device. The Tower are mounting a production of it next spring, and Kathleen from No.49 had seen the National production, and claimed it was hilarious, so it piqued my interest. But the two older men haven't got much to say, though one of them amusingly recreates a Tarzan competition he entered as a youth, but nothing in it for me...a lot of women shouting at each other most of the time. 

No comments: