Sunday, 27 September 2026

Friday 25th September 2026

Aki up early to ready herself for rowing club. By the time I got up to make tea, she had cycled off. Brought porridge back to bed with me and read some "Dagga". Katrina texted to say her copy had turned up in the post! I did a little gardening...Margaret turned out to be in her back garden, and joined in with a bit of pruning of the jasmine, so I could get through the gate between our two properties. Did a little out front, too. Aki back for lunch...put together a sardine salad with poached eggs. Headed into town...visited the Photographer's Gallery, and their Japanese Women Photographers 1950-Now exhibition. Some of the more abstract stuff was worth a look, but otherwise nothing much to get excited about. Particularly liked the photo of a hat made out of fish. Then headed for Earlsfield, via Vauxhall...Tami and Franco threw a welcome dinner for Midori and Dan, old chums who have moved into the flat they rent out attached to their house. Sat about in the garden chatting and enjoying some nibbles, then moved inside for a sumptuous Japanese feast that Tami, Midori, and Aki cooked up in the kitchen...it was very impressive...and very tasty! Got home around 2300. Bumped into Sush outside, unloading his van...he and Rebecca are due to fly out to Cyprus for ten days tomorrow, so he didn't want to leave any valuable tools in the van. Managed to get him to tell me where the fusebox for the external consent is, so the roofer can detail around it properly. Had to listen to him burbling on for half-an-hour though before I was able to extricate the information! Aki was in bed by the time I got in...

No comments: