Woke in the early hours with rooffret! When will it end!?! Aki brought me a mug of tea around 0800. Sat up in bed doom-scrolling for a while, before rising to porridge. No word from RoofPro...doesn't look as if it'll be fixed before I head for Sicily. Aki headed off to tai chi. She handed me an envelope that had been posted by hand through our letterbox, addressed to one James Hurrde, the man who doesn't live here! It turned out to be from the bailiff, threatening to come round to take goods worth £576, the amount this chap owes for parking fines in Islington! I rang the number on the notice, and spoke to a very helpful young lady named Ellie...I told her this had been an on-going tale, and that I'd reported the matter to the police, and to Islington...she asked for our Council Tax No., and said we won't hear from them again! Aki returned for lunch. Ventured out in the afternoon...Aki had been recommended an exhibition at the Wellcome Institute, so we headed for Euston, and took a look. There were four or five small exhibitions on, all a bit underwhelming, to be frank, though I liked my photo of the upside down Gormley statue seemingly floating above one of the staff! Caught a No.91 bus back home. Pasta for dinner, with prawns and crab meat. Ice cream and peaches to follow. Nowt on telly. Bath and bed...

No comments:
Post a Comment