Aki had cycled off to Rowing Club by the time I woke up. Got up and porridged. Pottered about on the laptop for a while. Still no sign of the stocklists I'd been promised from Savills last week...so no work in the pipeline...not too bothered, despite rather needing the cash for roof repairs. Popped out to Tesco to get milk. Aki back for lunch. Phoned Maggie Stanway for a brief chat...she's planning an 80th birthday bash at the winery near Dorking where she held her 70th. I think her short term memory is in decline...I told her all about my recent sojourn in Stoke, playing Grandad in Good Golly Miss Molly...as we said our goodbyes, she wished me luck for the show!!! I walked and bussed my way up to the Whittington for my annual PSA test. Didn't have to wait very long, and the nurse wished me a happy birthday for next week! Aki working at her laptop when I got back in. Walked up to Helen and Martin's on Fairbridge Road for a spot of dinner in their back garden...bumped into George and Katherine outside No.127, and had a brief catch up...they've just gotten back from a cycling holiday on the Outer Hebrides. Helen served up a tasty three course meal as we chatted around a table beneath their damson trees. Martin filled us in on the health of his 99 year old dad. He's developed cirrhosis of the liver, and is now confined to a room at a £1,500 a week Care Home. Helen is singing some Beach Boys material with Vox Holloway...we missed the Ally Pally gig, but will hopefully catch a reprise at the Clocktower Festival in a couple of weeks...
No comments:
Post a Comment