Saturday 13 February 2021

Friday 12th February 2021


Aki up promptly as she was being picked up by Martin and Helen to go visit the Finchley house refurb this morning. I managed to get my act together and begin some inspections for Clarion in the N& postcode. Stayed in the car with the heater on...it's a but nippy out there. Found myself on Lorraine Road, so took a brief detour into Waitrose, and picked up a couple of reams of printer paper. Meant I could go home for lunch. Went back out again in the afternoon. Had to fill up with petrol, so headed to Sainsburys. The guy at the pump in front of me was looking for disposable gloves, and there weren't any, so I offered him one from my boxed supply. He gave me a wave when he headed off. This evening saw the debut performance at the Pandemic Playhouse, a zoom reading of Eugene O'Neill's 'Ile', set aboard a whaling ship in 1895. I volunteered to arrange the next episode, a reading of Chekhov's 'The Proposal'. Good fun, and lovely to see a few familiar old visages.





No comments: