Sunday 18 June 2023

Saturday 17th June 2023

Alarm at 0730...dozed to the radio. Got up and made tea...Aki feeling under the weather, so she decided to take a covid test...which proved positive! Thrown our week's holiday into disarray. I rang the hotel in Ludlow where we were due to stop over tomorrow night, but we were too late to cancel without losing our money. Managed to get them to transfer the booking to Sunday 25th, in the hope that Aki would have recovered by then...that's assuming I don't come down with it too! The guy on the other end of the phone had a very heavy European accent, Spanish I think...he sounded a bit like Manuel from Fawlty Towers. At the end of our conversation he confirmed that the booking "has been successfully transferred, Mr Huge". Phoned Tony, who was walking the dog on the beach at Abersoch Bay, and told him we probably wouldn't make it, but would keep him posted. I cooked breakfast. Aki then went back to bed. I hoovered, then cooked some pigeon split peas to make a dal for later, and marinated the chicken in yoghurt and spices, before walking over to Morrisons, and Waitrose, to do a bit of a shop. Came home and cooked a chicken biryani, which we ate with dal and chapatis. It wasn't as good as I recall...I think thighs would have been better than breast meat, and white basmati rather than brown. Watched a bit of telly. Enjoyed "Later with Jools...". Aki went back to bed and I practised a couple of Stones songs in open G tunings...coming along nicely. 

No comments: