Saturday, 3 October 2026

Friday 2nd October 2026

Woke around 0730. Bad hernia repair giving me gip after yesterday's drive. Aki up to ready herself for Rowing Club. She brought me a mug of tea. I stayed in bed as long as I could. Porridged. Brought my laptop to bed with me and uploaded yesterday's photos, and wrote up my inspection sheets. Got up and started learning "Bring Me Sunshine" on ukulele, in anticipation of auditioning for the Tower Theatre's 2027 production of "The Good Companions". Aki back for soup for lunch. Sat about for most of the afternoon, though I managed to get an hour's work done before cooking dinner. Made a rice and lentil kedgeree, which I served with meatballs in a tahini sauce. Watched Celebrity Traitors. Amol Rajan was first for the chop! Aki spotted a mouse, which popped out from beneath the dishwasher, and ran back underneath when it heard Aki scream! I joined in, thinking Aki had spotted a large arachnid on my t-shirt! SPrayed the area beneath the dishwasher with peppermint rodent reppellant and went to bed...

No comments: