Monday 24 July 2023

Monday 24th July 2023

Woke around 0630. Dozed back off for a bit. Got up and made coffee. Sat on the loo only to realise I was plugged again! Couldn't leave my room. Eventually phoned down to reception for more toilet roll. A little later some porridge, orange juice, and toast arrived, the chambermaid recommending I down the honey she'd brought! I got a bit panicked when the fire alarm sounded!!! Fortunately, it later transpired that someone had set it off accidentally...thank God I didn't venture down the fire escape in my soiled underwear! Later, a passing cleaner heard my groaning, and knocked on the door to see if I was alright. She went downstairs and brought the deputy manageress up for a chat! I was having to talk through a crack in the door, as it had gotten a little whiffy in the room. The cleaner brought me some cleaning products I'd requested, some disposable rubber gloves, and some air freshener! I rang 111 to start the process of trying to track down a possible prescription for Laxido, as I only had one sachet left. They promised a clinician would ring me back, and in the meantime texted me some contacts for local GP's, but I would have to register with one of them as a temporary patient. I got off the phone and at 1410 precisely I finally gave birth to a healthy stool weighing in at 2kg. Phew....just then, the clinician rang! I told her I'd make do with a trip to Boots to garner some laxatives and nappies!!! Showered, then ventured downstairs to the piazza and popped in to Pret a Manger to get a sandwich for a late lunch. Back at the hotel I had to make another dash for the water closet. Ventured back out to get some laxatives from Boots. Aki suggested I find a curry house for dinner...walked up to Church Street and found Mowgli's. Managed to get squeezed in...it was very busy, and very noisy! Enjoyed Mother's School Tiffin, four tiffin tins of vegetarian curry, dal, and rice. It was great. Walked back home via the car park and brought my guitar back to the hotel...it needed re-tuning prior to tomorrow night's planned appearance at the open mic night down the road. Moving tributes to George Aligayah on the BBC News tonight...

No comments: