Saturday 1 July 2023

Friday 30th June 2023

Alarm at 0730. Aki up and at 'em...it's Rowing Club today...nice day for it. I got up around 0815 and porridged. Made myself a packed lunch and headed south of the river. Stopped off at M&S in Charlton, and grabbed a coffee from the Costa next door, then spent the rest of the day in various parts of Lewisham, Deptford and New Cross, mostly. Ate my lunch in the car at the Sainsbury's car park near New Cross Gate station. No internals required today, but kept having to get out of the car as much of the stock was high-rise, which necessitates my photographing all four elevations. There were a couple of 26-storey monsters! So it all took rather longer than I'd hoped. It was gone 1800 when I finished in Bermondsey. Got stuck in gridlock on the approach road to Tower bridge...something amiss. I turned around shortly after an ambulance overtook the stationary line of traffic, and ventured into Southwark, crossing the river at Blackfriars. Got home around 1945. Aki had cooked a chicken and rhubarb curry, which we ate with rice, dal, and chapatis. Can't say the rhubarb added much to the mix, surprisingly. Had to do another hour at the computer after dinner. Watched a bit of telly...a showing of the very first episode of "The Fast Show"...great stuff! Paul Whitehouse looks about 12 years old!!! 

No comments: